Thursday, May 3, 2012

5

I can hardly believe it's been FIVE years since I wrote my first blog post. Though my recent posts have all been personal updates about our family, I do hope someday soon to also resume writing about other topics that are important to me. As you can imagine, I did a fair amount of reading while on hospitalized bed rest, and a couple of them were quite thought-provoking.

I know some of you have been reading here since the very beginning, and others have joined in along the way. I would be so interested to hear how long you've been reading, if you have an idea of the time frame. Would you please leave me a comment and let me know approximately when you started reading here?

In thanks for your comment, and because I have a tradition of giving something away on my "blogiversary," I will draw a random number sometime on Saturday, and that commenter will receive a FIVE-dollar gift card to Amazon.

Thanks for reading!

15 comments:

Mom said...

I've been reading since the very beginning -- and I've missed reading your posts lately while you've been otherwise occupied! Love you lots, Mom

thehomespunheart said...

Yay, Carrie! Of course, I've been reading since the beginning too :) Love you!!!

Katie said...

I've been reading since 2007 ~ I think since October. I was just searching the archives a bit to find the first post I commented on. I know it was somewhere close to our hubbies' birthdays that year. Anyway, I'm so grateful to have found your blog ~ what a dear friend the Lord blessed me with!

Blessings to you and your sweet family,
Katie

Leah in Iowa said...

I think I've been reading pretty much from the beginning. I know we met face to face here in my little town the spring/summer of 2007. I remember because Brady had the landscaping job right after he graduated. Has that really been FIVE years ago!?

Carrie said...

Huh. That's a good question. When DID I start reading? I have to think it's been at least 3 years. Which has seemed to just FLY right by!

erin said...

I think I've been reading since the beginning! Congrats on sticking with it for 5 years -- how fun it will be to look back through these when the kiddos are older! I still think you need to write a book . . . you know, with all of your free time. :)

Kristin said...

I've read them all since the beginning! Now if we could just talk in person again!! Miss you!!

Love,
Kristin

Tracy N said...

Since day 1! ~Tracy

Wendi said...

Five years? Really? It doesn't seem like that long ago that I "meet" you. I started reading sometime in 2007. I don't know about you, but I feel like time is just flying by!

Melissa said...

Hmmmm...I'm going to guess sometime in 2008. Congratulations on hitting the 5 year mark!

Anne said...

I struggle to comment on blogs, but I've been reading since late 2009. Love reading your thoughts, Carrie! So glad things are going well.

KellBell said...

Your blog was the first I ever followed, which happened around the time we left for Israel (August 2009). While there I blogged a bit and began following several blogs. Today, I limit myself to 5, and I'm happy to say yours is one of them!

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary! I think I"ve been reading around three years.Congratulations on your newest blessing!
monk5 at charter dot net

angie said...

I really can't remember how long I've been reading your blog. However, I just read your first post and I'm certain I've read it before. So maybe, since the beginning; if not, I must have read the archives at some point. I've definately been reading since before you began the sisters shoebox swaps!

Anonymous said...

Carrie, I too have been reading since the beginning. Can it really be 5 years? Congratualtions!
Love, Grandma