Monday, May 7, 2012

Sisterly love

Back in January when we learned that my pregnancy complications were more serious, Monica began talking about making a solo trip to see me. Her original plan was to fly to MN while I was in the hospital, but we both decided a later time would probably work out better. I'm so glad she didn't buy a ticket then, because the dates she had planned to come was the weekend after Naomi was born, and I wasn't up for visitors then.

Late April worked well in Monica's homeschool schedule, and so she booked her flights. It is very hard living so far away from each other, and usually when we see each other it's very busy with activities, taking care of our kids, and there are usually additional family members present. While that is wonderful in its own way, this was a particularly special time because Monica came by herself. I had made a list of a few fun things to do together and also some projects to work on, and we not only did all of that, but we had some extra time to just hang out as well. It was so good for my heart to have her here!

We went on numerous walks, went to a couple thrift/consignment stores, watched several movies (The Christmas Lodge, October Baby, and the first two episodes of Downton Abbey Season One.), did some crafty stuff (which I'll share more about later), prepared food together, played games, snuggled with Naomi, etc. Lovely.

Here are a few pictures of our time together. Thanks for coming, Monica. Love you so much!

Aunt Monica with the older two
And with the youngest
Sister time
Posing in the beautiful tulips (Do you see Naomi's little head?! She LOVES being carried this way.)     
     

10 comments:

thehomespunheart said...

Oh, this made me smile this morning! It was good for my heart too! Love and miss you!

Wendi said...

I am so glad you were able to enjoy this special time together. :)

Katie said...

"Sisters, sisters. There were never such devoted sisters.....Caring, sharing..."

Lovely, indeed. =) I'm sure this time flew by so quickly. Hope you can get together again soon. Love all the smiles!

p.s. I understand she used your iron for the crafts!? =) Cute! Can't wait to see your creations.

angie said...

How wonderful that you were able to share some sisterhood time together. And what a blessing that the respecive husbands/fathers made it happen.

Kristin said...

Aren't sisters a blessing?! So glad you could have that special time together! I know I have loved my sister-time too! Fun pictures!

Carrie said...

What a wonderful time it sounds like you had!! That's awesome!

I love how colorful that first picture is. The colors are really so very vibrant!

Also, I didn't realize how much of a height difference that there is between you!

Very fun.

Mom said...

I'm so, so glad you both had this good sister time together!! :) Love and miss you both, Mom

Anonymous said...

So glad you had this special sister time together. I'm sure you had a wonderful time and what a bonus that the tulips were in bloom at this time. Beautiful!!

Love you both, Grandma

Speaky1013 said...

beautiful! SO glad you guys got together and it was full of warm fuzzies and kindred spiritedness! :)

Anne Marie@Married to the Empire said...

Oh, I so understand! My sister surprised me by flying in from London after Alex was born! It meant so much! Glad yours could do the same!

Is that a Moby wrap? I bought one but could never figure it out.