Friday, August 24, 2012

A new era

Monday night we had an open house at Nathan's school so we could meet his teacher and get his supplies settled at his desk:
The night before school we had a fire and made s'mores. I think this would be a fun back-to-school tradition! (Poor Naomi decided she was done sitting in the Bumbo seat and wanted to be held.)

And here I am, proud mama, with my boy. He was excited with a pinch of nerves, which I think is just the right combination. I wanted to send him off with a power-packed breakfast, so made heart-shaped eggs in whole wheat toast, along with smoothies.
We love you, buddy!

9 comments:

thehomespunheart said...

Sweet :) How did your kids like the eggs in toast? I've never tried that here!

Wendi said...

Awww... what a big day for Nathan... and mom! I hope he has a great time. :)

Mom said...

Yes, it is a new era! We have thought of Nathan so much this week (and you!).

Fun new tradition for the night before school starts. :)
Love you, Mom

kelseylynae said...

What a fun, new adventure for Nathan! I remember rocking him when he was just a little blue bundle and praying over his sweet little life. Now I will ask that the Lord will walk beside him not only through Kindergarten, but all of his schooling! Can't wait to hear all that he learns and experiences!

[And I understand the "Naomi got tired of the bumbo" statement… hehe…and always at the wrong moments, too!]

Carrie said...

Big day indeed! I hope he has a wonderful experience.

Speaky1013 said...

Hi honey - so fun about Nathan going to school! What a transition! Can't wait to hear about it - love the tradition of smores the night before the first day.

Talk to you SOON!
Mandi

Lisa said...

I love it when my kids are old enough to go to school! Not that I don't like having them at home, but it's so fun to watch them learn and grow in so many different ways. I hope you enjoy this time in your life as much as I do!
~Lisa

Katie said...

Yay for Nathan ~ have a wonderful school year!! How fun, Carrie, heart shaped eggs and smoothies! A lovely send-off for your sweet little man.

Hope your first week of school is going great, Nathan!

Blessings to your family~
Katie

Kara K said...

So cute!