Friday, October 5, 2012

Colorado or bust!




I was off-line last week because I was in Colorado! Having been almost 2 years since I'd been out there, it was high time to be at my parents' house and see the breathtaking mountains. Eric and Nathan stayed in Iowa, and the girls hit the road! We only had 4 days to be in CO, but we made the most of it.What a lovely time of year to be there. The weather was perfect, and the aspens were beautifully golden.

Here are some highlights of our trip:

A fun outing to the zoo, complete with a pony ride and feeding the giraffes!

Going to church together
I enjoyed seeing a few friends from high school. (My pal Olivia wanted to pose with all the little ones!)

It was so great to be in COLORado!

9 comments:

Mom said...

It was so great to have you in COLORado for a few days -- THANKS for coming! Love you - Mom

Lisa said...

Glad you had a nice time!

thehomespunheart said...

Yay! So glad you got to go and had a great time! :)

Carrie said...

That looks like a very fun trip indeed!!

Anonymous said...

I'm So glad you & the girls got to go for a visit with your Mom & Dad in COLORado! Looks like you had a wonderful time. Thankful you are safely home. Thanks for sharing some pics!

Love you, Grandma

Speaky1013 said...

Love the pics, honey! Great talking to you today - sorry I was a bit off. I love Naomi's sweater!!! It's so sweet!! She's still such a little peanut!!

Love you!

allie said...

SOOO Great to visit with you (amongst the chaos ;-). It was great to see you, and see the pictures of the rest of your stay.

Kara K said...

Love your cowgirl, she's a cutie!!

Linds said...

It has been way too long since I've visited your blog, I took a long break from the blogging world. You're family has grown and the kids have grown up so much!! We live in Colorado now and I recognize that zoo :) Hope you're doing well!
-Linds