Monday, November 12, 2012

Five miles

When this post publishes to my blog, I will be preparing for a minor surgery at our local hospital. I have dreaded this day for a long time. It's a fairly simple procedure, but I have only ever had major surgery (3 of them--each with their own set of complications), so I have no frame of reference other than the demanding experiences I've endured.
The best metaphor I could come up with is that I feel like last winter I ran a marathon, and now someone is asking me to run 5 miles before I've fully recovered from the long race. Five miles is much shorter than a marathon, but tacking it on to 26.2 miles is no picnic. (Unless you're my ultra-marathon-running dad--ha!) But I know--I know--God is faithful. A verse I clung to earlier this year, and which I still hold dear is Psalm 116:7 "Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the Lord has been good to you."

I would appreciate your thoughts and prayers for me today as I am in the operating room and then as I recuperate. Thanks! Be back soon.

10 comments:

Mom said...

Thinking of you with love and prayers -- and looking forward to seeing you soon! Love, Mom

Wendi said...

Praying that your surgery is uneventful, your recovery is quick and painless and that you feel peace through all of this. Take care!

thehomespunheart said...

Love you!

Christy said...

Dear Lord, please be with Carrie today. Give her a calmness of spirit and a peace. Help her recovery to be smooth. Thank you, Lord for being with us all the time. AMEN!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and praying even now as I write this (and have been all morning) that it is all over now and that your recovery will be smooth and easy.

I love you, Grandma

Anne Marie@Married to the Empire said...

I hope all goes well. If this is minor compared to your other surgeries, I think you'll find recovery to be a breeze in comparison. Speaking from experience. :-)

Kristin said...

I've been praying for you and look forward to hearing an update! I'm also fearing my surgery (less the surgery and more the recovery!)this week, so I can totally relate to where you are at and like that verse too! Thanks for sharing!

Katie said...

Been praying for you all weekend and today, friend! Praying for you to get lots of rest tonight and for a speedy recovery.

Can't wait to hear from you again!

Blessings,
Katie

Psalm 40:5

angie said...

My prayer has lifted your name to the Lord. By this time of the day, I pray that you are resting and recovering peacefully at home.

Speaky1013 said...

hi honey - so glad you are doing well!! Good metaphor - you are so good at processing situations.

love you, my sweet!!