Friday, November 9, 2012

Freezer pleaser

I am so thankful we have a deep/chest freezer in our basement. Between the pheasant and deer meat Eric provides from hunting, along with the homemade strawberry jam and applesauce, and a variety of grocery deals I've stocked up on, our freezer is usually quite full. However, recently it had become quite a pit, and I was constantly digging around looking for what I needed.

Eric knew of my frustration, and of his own accord, he did an on-line search for freezer organization, which led him to this post. What a brilliant idea to re-purpose reusable bags to organize goods in your freezer!

I was assisted in this project by Eric and Nathan. We pulled everything out, sorted by category, and then put things back in a more organized fashion.

Here is the embarrassing before pic:
And the much better after shot:

I am loving this system so far, and am pleased it cost no money and very little time to implement.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Carrie! That's brilliant! I've been using plastic crates and baskets, but I'm always worried they're going to crack b/c it seems like freezing makes them brittle. And the bags with handles seem like they'd be so much easier to haul out than my plastic baskets. Thanks for the great idea!

Wendi said...

Looks great! My freezer usually looks like the before picture. :) I find it a pain to keep a chest freezer organized. I've been using plastic container and might have to give the bags a try.

Mom said...

Well done! I'm thankful you have this big freezer and that it is full. :) (Our extra freezer just died so we had a different kind of cleaning out to do. Fortunately, we did not lose any food.) Love you, Mom

thehomespunheart said...

Looks great!

Katie said...

That inspires me, Carrie!! You have such wonderful organization tips! I still remember your closet inventory organization system. Love it! =)

Have a great weekend, friend!

Praying for you and upcoming events and for safe travels for your family.

Blessings,
Katie