Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Touching base

First, thank you so much for your prayers last week regarding my surgery. I am so glad to be on the other side of it! I've felt stronger each day, and had a positive check-up yesterday, so I'm easing back into normal activities. It has been difficult to once again be in a medical situation and needing extra assistance, but I am thankful for the many ways Eric's parents and our friends have blessed us with meals, flowers, helping with kids, and jobs around the house.

I also want to acknowledge that this week marks 4 years since my dad's cancer diagnosis. We are so grateful to God that my dad continues to respond well to treatment!

Here are some pictures from the last couple of weeks:


Picnic with Grandma
Decent family pic
With Grandma and Grandpa before church

Have a blessed Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

thehomespunheart said...

Oh, I can't wait to see you guys! Thankful you are feeling better each day and that this is behind you - love you! :)

Katie said...

So THANKful to hear this good report, Carrie ~ continuing to pray for you and your father and to thank God for His goodness. =)

Have a blessed Thanksgiving!

Mom said...

So thankful you are recovering well and for the tangible ways people have helped you. We are looking forward to seeing you tomorrow night!

Similar to a comment I left this morning on Monica's blog...

Dear Carrie, I'm thankful for:
1) your strength
2) that you are recovering (again!) from the physical demands of bearing your children
3) for your spirit of hospitality
4) for your passion for stewardship
5) for our shared interests, such as shopping in thrift stores, organization, and Survivor :)
6) for your desire and efforts to raise godly children
7) for your compassion
8) for your remembrance of milestone dates such as Dad's diagnosis or when Brittany came to live with us years ago
9) for your get-it-done, practical approach to planning events, chores, etc.
10) for your love for our Savior and passion for following Him

Love, love, love you -
Mom

Speaky1013 said...

So sweet! So glad you had a lot of help and encouragement through this process.

Gobble Gobble, honey!!
Mandi