Friday, January 4, 2013

Joyeux Noel and a wedding

Businessy things first: The winner of Home to Harmony is Angie! Thanks to all who entered. I enjoyed reading your comments about what you've read in the past year. I think it's funny that my goal had been 24 books for the year--guess I well-surpassed it! (And thanks again to my mom for the fun gift of a book-of-the-month club!) And now a report on what we've been up to the last couple weeks . . .

******************* 
We had a wonderful time with my family in Kansas City! It was technically our year (on the every-other plan) to go to Colorado, but my aunt was getting married in KC the weekend after Christmas, so we made that our destination instead. My mom and dad rented a house so the 12 of us (my 5, Monica's 5 and my parents) could stay together. It was such a treat for the cousins (and adults) to have extended time to play!

Here are some pictures from our holiday:
 Her first Christmas!
 Naomi with Aunt Monica
 Love this pic with my mom at the bridal luncheon
 This little peanut slept through the wedding and half the reception
 Our extended family posing with the bride and groom
 Waiting for the wedding to start

Our beautiful hair accessories were made by my sister-in-law, Kendra. Super cute!

I just realized in creating this post that most of the Christmas pictures are still on Monica's camera, so I may have to post a few more later.

6 comments:

Wendi said...

Great picture of the whole clan! I am so happy you were altogether to share this special day.

angie said...

Wonderful coordination of everyone's outfits for extended family pictures. That must have taken some advanced planning.
Thanks again for the book giveaway!

Kristin said...

Great pictures! Thanks for the photo update! Love the one of Naomi in front of the tree...what a great smile!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures, Carrie.
Thanks for sharing.
We did have a glorious time together, didn't we? Thanks for coming.

Love you, Grandma

Katie said...

Beautiful family!!! So glad you could all be together to celebrate.

Happy New Year, friend!
Katie

Kara K said...

Such a cute family! Love the xmas tree one too!