Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Turning the page

I've been very reflective the last couple days, thankful to turn the page from 2012 to a new chapter. We ended the year with a couple activities that were meaningful to me.

First, we stopped by the Ronald McDonald House in Kansas City on our way out of town. I had consulted their website in advance and had put together a bag of items from their wish list. Our visit was brief, but the staff was very welcoming, especially when we shared that we'd recently spent time in two RM Houses.
Second, Eric and I rang in the new year (early, ahem) with a bottle of sparkling cider that his sister, Kendra, had brought when she visited us at Mayo. For whatever reason, we'd never opened it, and I'm glad we saved it actually, as it felt appropriate to consume it on New Year's Eve.

I spent some time yesterday reading my blog posts from early 2012, and it was quite emotional for me to think back to what was going on at this time last year. That will only increase as February approaches, I'm sure. I think it's so important to look back and be reminded of God's faithfulness!

"Here I raise my Ebenezer*
Hither by Thy help I'm come;
And I hope by Thy good pleasure
Safely to arrive at home."
 
"Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing" by Robert Robinson
*An Ebenezer is a sign of God's faithfulness, as taken from I Samuel 7:12
 ----------------------------------
I am kicking off my 4th annual pantry challenge this month, and plan to post more on that soon. I also have a couple photo posts ahead with pictures from Christmas and a family wedding.

Reminder: you can enter the book giveaway through tomorrow! 

3 comments:

Mom said...

I, too, have been thinking about what was going on this time last year, and agree with you about looking back and being reminded of God's faithfulness through it all! I'm thankful that you and Naomi are both healthy and recovered from your ordeal. I'm thankful for the extended time we had with Nathan and Natalie during those weeks you were in the hospital/RMH. And I'm proud of the way you and Eric have drawn meaning from it all. Love, love, love you, Mom

Speaky1013 said...

As always, I love the pics and thoughtfulness of your posts! SUPER sweet pics of Naomi! That dress - oh my!!! Everyone looked great!

Love!
Mandi

Hayley said...

Catching up on blogs I follow....I've been thinking of you and your circumstances last year as my due date draws near. Praying for God to grant me patience in these final weeks. Should be super close to Naomi's birthday. :)